The Curriculum and Instruction department is proud to announce the recipients of the 2019 Cursive Writing Contest Awards! Throughout the week, members of the CISD curriculum team visited the classrooms of the 5 category winners and the Grand Prize winner. Prizes were distributed at follows:
- Best Community Involvement Poem: Kacynn Valerio from Timberwood Park Elementary
- Best Community Involvement Paragraph: Abey Greissinger from Bill Brown Elementary
- Best Environmental Awareness Poem: Sylvia Mathews from Bill Brown Elementary
- Best Environmental Awareness Paragraph: McKenna Jaquez-Calame from Oak Creek Elementary
- Best Penmanship: Madeline McPherson from Bill Brown Elementary
Each of these students received a medal, a basket of school supplies donated by HEB, and a tray of cookies for their classes.
The district grand prize winner is Theresa Nguyen from Ms. Toye’s classroom at Oak Creek Elementary! She received all of the above prizes as well as a plaque.
A huge thank you goes out to all the third grade teachers at the campuses that chose to submit entries this year: Bill Brown Elementary, Goodwin-Frazier Elementary, Indian Springs Elementary, Johnson Ranch Elementary, Mountain Valley Elementary, Oak Creek Elementary, Rahe Bulverde Elementary, Specht Elementary, Timberwood Park Elementary.